[IP] Re: Recent Check-Ups

At my last appointment, my endocrinologist recommended that I have a cardiac
consult since I have had Type 1 diabetes for 30 years now and because I am
reaching the age (56) when signs of heart problems may begin to appear. The
first of many tests I had was a heartscan, a limited CT scan of the chest, to
see if there is evidence of coronary artery calcification. Today I got the
results back and it gave me another reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving.
The scan showed no evidence of any coronary artery calcification at all. I
also got a high five on my eye check-up last week. Considering I didn't have
a meter or a pump when I started on this path 30 years ago, I feel very
fortunate to be in such good health. Mostly, I feel blessed with a wonderful,
supportive family and good friends but tomorrow I am thanking the powers that
be for keeping me around to love and be loved by them. Happy Thanksgiving to