> RE:  BASALS AND BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS AT TIME OF ONE HOUR SEDATION
>
> I have a question about how to handle my pump on the day I have a
> biopsy done (outpatient).  I will be sedated for about an hour, with
> a half hour recovery time.  I plan to wear my pump. I have asked the
> surgeon not to have an IV with glucose.  She said that is possible.
> Of course, I do not eat or drink after midnight.  therefore, I must
> check my basals to see that they are correct in keeping me with a
> good blood glucose level.  what is the best level to keep?  should
> it be 100, 103, 98???

A friend that is an anesthisiologist has said that he likes to have
his diabetic patients with bg's of around 200 when they are under so
that in the event something goes a little haywire he does not have to
worry about insulin shock (his words for a low) while he is busy
stablizing his patient.

Michael