[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #815

RE:  BASALS AND BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS AT TIME OF ONE HOUR SEDATION

I have a question about how to handle my pump on the day I have a biopsy
done (outpatient).  I will be sedated for about an hour, with a half hour
recovery time.  I plan to wear my pump. I have asked the surgeon not to
have an IV with glucose.  She said that is possible. Of course, I do not
eat or drink after midnight.  therefore, I must check my basals to see that
they are correct in keeping me with a good blood glucose level.  what is
the best level to keep?  should it be 100, 103, 98???  I have little faith
in the doctors I deal with for diabetes.  If there is advise out there, I
would welcome it. You may email me at:  email @ redacted   thank you
all very much.