RE [IP] Private Pilot's License

Hello -

I'm a private pilot and a pumper.  I was a pilot first, then was diagnosed
with diabetes, which grounded me for a little while until I could complete
all of FAA's requirements and get the paperwork processed.  Most of the
requirements are quite reasonable and achievable.  I did get my medical
certificate back eventually.  It wasn't particularly difficult, just a bit
of a hassle and a lot of patient waiting.  I'd definitely recommend starting
the process ASAP - it takes a while.

The suggestion to join AOPA was a good one.  They will help provide you with
information, and also help usher your application through the channels at
FAA.  It's good to have them on your side.

I'm not flying much these days (can't afford it), but if you'd like to send
me a private email (email @ redacted), I'd be happy to help however
I can.  I'd be able to give you some information on the regulations as well
as copies of some forms and letters that I wrote to comply with the rules
and get things done.

Regards,

Mike Biewenga