Re: [IP] Private Pilot's License

I am not a pilot but my husband is a flight instructor and I am the
diabetic in the family.  It almost seems that every case has been different
as far as getting and keeping your medical certificate. In the January
issue of "Private Pilot" magazine on page 69, there is an article on diet
controlled diabetes mellitus. (And then more on medical certificates on
page 70)

Also are you an AOPA member? They have probably by far the most information
on flight medicals. Their web site is

 From what I remember, you are usually required to keep a particular A1C. I
thought I heard "below 9", but that sounds sort of high doesn't it?

Has anyone gotten a private pilot's license?  I am currently studying  and