Re: [IP] Question on changing insurances

Yes, I have had this happen twice.  CALL MINIMED and have them sort it out.
Seriously...I tried going through the insurance company and six different
phone operators, including a manager were insistant that I had to get my
supplies from a local DME distributor and the only one near me was one for
prosthetic limbs.  Good Grief!

So I called Minimed and they took my new information.  Called 5 days later
and told me what the insurance company would or would not pay for and said
they would be shipping it out ASAP.  The second time happened recently, in
fact I called Minimed last Friday and got a response today.  Turns out my
new company won't cover unisolve, so Goo Gone here I come.  LOL.  My dad
called Minimed about his supplies and they actually were not one of the
providers in his network, so they found one that was and helped my dad place
his order through them.

To be fair, I have a Minimed pump and have always ordered my supplies
through them.  I have heard very similar stories from people who order
supplies directly through Disetronic also.
-- Sherry