Re: [IP] Insulin Pump

In a message dated 11/25/2002 9:02:32 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Am I crazy or what? It's only been since last Friday, but I can feel a
> BIG difference in the way I feel already!!! Is this just in my head??? <snip
> >
>  My bg's have never been so stabilized in the nineteen years that
> I've had DM!!!

Glad to hear that your pump start is going well and that you're feeling so
much better.  My daughter (10 at the time) felt the same way after about 3
days of pumping (which she started about 7 months after diagnosis).  I can
well remember her telling me a few days after pump start: "I didn't know how
crappy I felt on shots until I didn't feel crappy anymore."   She had pretty
good a1cs when on shots (7.5), but not having the swings she experienced
daily on long acting insulins seemed to make a huge and almost immediate
difference in her overall well being and energy levels .  . . .

Pumpmama to Katie (12) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since