[IP] airport pump detection

>All this talk about flying and diabetes supplies has left me wondering
>about something.  A lot of you said that you just walked through the
>scanner without any alarms from the scanner going off.  I always take my
>pump off and then walk through because I didn't know what it would do to
>the pump.
>Hey, I have heard some real horror stories about x-ray machines and pumps
I never remove my pump, Neither my MM 508 nor my Animus R1000 have never set
off the magnetometer in the airport. the metal parts must be chiefly
non-ferrous metals or alloys i have been asked to remove my beeper when i
told them it was an insulin pump they asked to see it and said nothing else
after noting that was connected to my body. pump circuitry is fairly
resistant to x- radiation. the pump companies buy radiation resistant
componants which do not  break down from high energy radiation. the
magnetometer is a relatively passive device. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.