[IP] Whooping cough?

My daughter 11 is on a pump.  Recently (last few days) her numbers have been
almost constantly between 200 and 350.  She has been doing a correction every
two hours or so with very little improvement.  Today at school she had a mild
headache and slight fever (99.7).  She also got dizzy for a short time.
Saturday evening my sister got a call from her dr and found out that my 14 yr
old niece has Whooping Cough.  Elizabeth was exposed, but so far isn't
coughing.  Monday AM I put a call into Eliz pediatrician and told her all
this.  Elizabeth is now on antibiotics for ten days.  Any suggestions on
anything else I can do?
Mom of Elizabeth 11, dx 5/97 and pumping 7/01