[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #814

>What is Ace-K sweetener in Pepsi One?  Is that similar to Splenda?
>NutraSweet (aspertaime) gives my daughter bad reactions (numbness and
>tingling in her feet).  Is there a soda pop out there she can acually
<Barb Dame (mom to Lawren age 8, pumping 2 years)

Acesulfame-K (Acesulfame Potassion) is a sweetner that also goes by the name
Sunnette.  It is different than Nutrasweet.  Some beverages contain part
Ace-K and part Aspartame in order to get a more realistic taste.  Ace-K
alone is rarely used.

Splenda is also known as Sucralose.  It is the newest sweetner.  Basically,
they modified glucose so that the body doesn't break it down.  It tastes the
most like actual sugar (although, in its pure form, it is 600 times sweeter
than sugar).  Some beverages are made with sucralose exlusively, such as
Diet Rite, etc.  I, personally, like sucralose the best, followed by the
combination of Nutrasweet and Ace-K.  Nutrasweet alone in pop (soda) isn't
quite as "real" tasting.