[IP] A Question About Pumps and Flying

Hi Everyone,

All this talk about flying and diabetes supplies has left me wondering about
something.  A lot of you said that you just walked through the scanner
without any alarms from the scanner going off.  I always take my pump off
and then walk through because I didn't know what it would do to the pump.
Hey, I have heard some real horror stories about x-ray machines and pumps

So my question is, does the scanning device that one walks through at the
security check not affect the pump or it's functioning?

I would love to just walk on through without disconnecting and such.  I
always go the long route and disconnect and then walk through.

I will be flying to New Jersey on December 3rd from St. Louis, MO.