Re: [IP] flying with diabetic supplies

It's been a while since I have flown, but my hubby and I went to Vegas
last spring (April) and flew National Airlines.  I was REALLY impressed
with how they handled the whole supply thing.

I called the airlines just to verify what I needed to insure passing
through security, etc...  I had everything ready, and low and behold about
a week before our trip, I was contacted by the head of National Airlines
security at Chicago Midway to let me know that they had my name flagged
and gave me a name of someone to ask for should I run into any problems at
security!  Great customer service if you ask me!

All I needed was to have the boxes with labels from the pharmacy.  On our
return flight from Vegas I was wanded and they asked what I had in my
pocket.  When I took it out and told them it was an insulin pump, they
just waved me through.  All in all it was a very painless trip!  (Welll
that is if you don't count my wallet!  :0)  )

This message was sent using I-2000 Inc. Webmail Service.