Re: [IP] Reusing insulin

When changing out my sites and the reservoir is still considered reusable
(according to my standards - about every 3 changes requires a new one), I
just put the needle back on it and draw more insulin into the reservoir
and mix it with whatever was left over.

I haven't had any issues with reusing the leftover insulin.   I tend not to
shoot it back into the vial though, I don't want to taint a whole bottle in
case I'm wrong in assuming that what's left is OK.

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Is it ok to draw the insulin out of one reservoir into a new one and mix it
> with new insulin?  I am finding that I have anywhere from 50-75 units left in
> my reservoirs.
> Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)

Do you Yahoo!?