[IP] Paradigm "battery low" quandary

I love my Paradigm!  It's (finally) quiet.  It is very small, and indiscreet,
and it is waterproof (yeah!), BUT what I once thought was great, having to
use AAA batteries, has now become problematic.  The source of my concern
revolves around the turn around time of the battery. . . dismal :-( at best.
I was ecstatic when I made it nearly two weeks with one battery.  I know
MiniMed reps read these so, I'm making an announcement, and also requesting a
little feedback when I make this, and please "Gloom and Doomsayers" you had
better have some hard facts to back up your claims, or I'll continue my
Here's what I did:
1) At the prompting of my pump, I changed out my battery for a fresh new
2)  8 days later I get a low battery indication
3) I determined to identify how long a "low battery" indicator was good for,
and so I proceeded to ignore the warnings.  Now, I am aware that ignoring the
warning puts me in jeopardy of having my pump fail on me at anytime, but so
far I've managed a 200% lifetime increase since I've ignored the warning, and
it's still going strong!!!
In other words, what once was lasting maximally 2 weeks, and in this case 8
days has now been lengthened to 2 more weeks.
It's my theory that the paradigm detects the amperage of a battery and when
it drops a certain percentage amount then the indicator goes on, and some
batteries have a longer sustained amperage than others, but still put out
just as much voltage for nearly the same time.
I don't know how to effectively test my hypothesis, and frankly I'm not sure
I want to . . . that's why my insurance paid big bucks to Minimed for my
pump, right?
I am vigilant in measuring my BG, and I always make a visual/or tone
verification of my boluses so it's wouldn't be long before I detected the
pump dead, should it happen quietly.
OK, folks, how about some feedback on this one?