[IP] re: food scales

<<<I have one that I really like. It is by SOEHNLE. You put something on the
scale and enter the code for that type of food. Then the scale tells you
how many carbs, fat, cals, etc that the food has according to its weight.

It has a 9 volt battery. I've had the scale for about 7 years, and I've
never changed the battery.>>>

How did you get this scale to work. Last year, I won one of these scales from
the Diabetes Mall website's contest. The first one that I received didn't work
at all. I called them and they sent me a replacement. The replacement does not
give me the correct nutritional values for any of the foods that I enter. It
will weigh the food, but that's about all it does correctly. I think I even
threw away the code list because I couldn't get it to work.