[IP] Re: food scales

Claire's food scale is used several times every day and the 4 AA batteries
are still going strong after 18 months.  Batteries are great, because you can
use the scale in the car if you are eating from a fast food place.  Or in
Claire's case, on a long trip she could pick out a little brown paper bag of
penny candies and eat them after weighing them in the back seat.  Just like
the other kids.  Little things like this make a big difference in a child's
life.   I also sometimes weigh the fries as there is so much variation in the
serving size you get.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8