Re: [IP] manipultive surgery for frozen shoulder anyone?

I have had manipulation done on BOTH sides for frozen
shoulder.  The first one (R) was first in 1996.
Following the surgery there were many weeks of
intensive PT.  It has healed incredibly well and I
have full use with no pain.

The left one has not healed as nicely.  It was done in
June of 1999.  The facility where I had the
manipulation done went bankrupt soon after my surgery
so the PT was interrupted until I could locate another
clinic that my insurance covered.  Since the new PT
wasn't familiar with frozen shoulder, the treatment
was not as effective.  I still have pain and do not
have full motion - THREE YEARS later!

But, I will say, unequivocally (sp?) that the
manipulations were successful for both shoulders.  I
could not move either shoulder without intense pain
and had PT for many months on each before making the
decision to have the manipulations done.

My surgeon was shocked when I elected to have a
manipulation done on the 2nd shoulder.  He said that
once someone has one done, they NEVER have it again.
For me, the pain of the adhesive capsulitis was far
greater than the recuperative pain post manipulation.

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?