[IP] Re: meters for low vision

In a message dated 11/24/02 email @ redacted writes:

<< My mother is completely blind from diabetes and uses a accu-check that
speaks to her. It is a device that attaches onto her meter. It also has a
hole in it that she can drop an insulin vial into and it reads the bar code
and tells her what type of insulin she has. Accu-check is the only one on the
market so far that has a meter compatible with a speaker. >>

Thanks, Gail, for this info (and thanks also to all the others who
responded).  Is it the Accuchek Advantage meter?  Does your mother have any
trouble with getting the blood on the strip?  I assume the speaker can tell
her if the machine is giving an error message?

Linda Z