Re: [IP] ATA and flying with diabetic supplies

I have flown eight times since Sept. 11, two of them about a month after, when security was especially tight.  The first time, I had the note out and showed it to them.  The second, I announced I had it.  They never asked to see it.

Ever since, I haven't say anything at all.  I just carried that same note I got a year ago along with my prescription in my purse.  My purse was never opened or examined, other than by the scanner.  I was never questioned about syringes, lancets, or anything of the sort.  Honestly, I think you will have more troubles if you act like you have them.

Security tighter as of Sept. 11?  Honestly, not in my experience.  They used to randomly recheck a couple of people from every flight.  I don't think they even do that any more.  I don't carry a nail file any more, just in case, but I believe I could carry it.  I don't want to think about what might happen if I brought a box cutter, but I don't plan to try to find out, either.

Of course, as they always say here, YMMV.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

One click access to the Top Search Engines