Re: [IP] ATA and flying with diabetic supplies

Has anyone else heard this from an airline or more importantly actually
a doctor's note to get on the plane with supplies?  I haven't had a problem
(except my pump setting off the scanners which was OK when I explained what
was or they patted me down) and I haven't heard of anyone else having a
problem.  I told the woman at ATA that we have enough things to do without
going to the doctor for a note every time we fly!  My daughters is going to
her Dad's for over 10 days in January, would that mean that she would need
another note for the return trip!  It's not like she is going to become

Well, I am from Canada, now in USA. When I was in Edmonton, AB, when ever I
flew anywhere, I got a doctors note, there was no specific time before
departure that I had to have this by, and I was asked for it once, and I
used tha same note comming home. I never heard of the pharmacy label thing,
just the doctors note thing.
I hope she has a fun trip, and I would try to combine her doctors visit with
a check up if possible, thats what I always did, at the end of the
appointement " ohhhhhhh, by the way I need....." lol  I also couldent always
get into the endo for the note, so I just used my family doc a few times, I
dont think they care what kind of doc it is,as long as its a docs note.
Well, thats all I know about that! Good luck and happy holidays!!
Tami in Tucson
Pumpin since Nov 1/02