[IP] Unopened unref. Novolog

On 11/23/02 11:37 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:01:24 -0600
> From: Anita C Goode <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] unopened, unrefrigerated Novolog?
> Hi everyone,
> I made a stupid mistake.  I took two new boxes with bottles of Novolog
> inside out of the fridge.  Why?  They were taped together, and I didn't
> want to tear up my prescription label.  I accidentally left the full
> bottle out, still in the box.  I also still have almost a full bottle, so
> it'll be awhile before I need to use the second one.  Question - is it
> safe to leave it out of the refrigerator for a couple of weeks before
> it's even opened?  I'm sure putting it back in once it's room temperature
> isn't a good idea.  I was raised by depression-era parents, so I hate to
> trash a whole bottle of insulin.
> Thanks everyone!
> Anita

What is so important about an Rx label? Cut the thing in half and keep one
bottle in the darn fridge.

If this is worrisome to ya, scan or photocopy the label and then cut it and
keep the copy in your safe.

If your house is cool and not like here in CA with 80+ F temps, why not just
give it a try? Open it, draw a syringe bolus, 'shoot up' instead of pumping
that bolus, and test your BGs to see if it worked. If so, you know you're

Q: What's another name for the "Intel Inside" sticker they put on Pentiums?
A: Warning label.

Jenny Sutherland