Re: [IP] talking to students

  My Joshua, who is almost 11 and in 5th grade this year has been asked to
speak on a few occasions to other classes.  Up until this year he has been
the only DMer in his school.  He is still the only IPer in his district!  His
3rd grade science fair demonstration was all about "How Do Diabetics Get
Their Insulin"  We actually used this display at last week's Diabetes Health
Fair for the county and Josh had his onw booth!

It is a great opportunity to help others understand what it is he and other
diabetics have to deal with on a daily basis.  And as for me, being his mom I
am always concerned about his safety at school.  He has been with the same
kids for almost 5 years now and they have learned how to tell if Josh needs
help or not, especially out on the playground.  This is great comfort to me!

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua