Re: [IP] Whole Fried Turkey???

> I do mine outdoors on the grill (smoked it stuffed).  As good, if not
> better, than one fried....crispy skin with moist meat (I can't wait for
> next week).

ok, while i really don't like the sound of deep fried turkey, smoked turkey
sounds good.   i wouldn't have it for christmas or thanksgiving though,
because my brother and i are super-traditional about our holiday meals.
rest of the year it doesn't matter, but on christmas& thanksgiving, there
better be a big roasted turkey with onion&bread stuffing (with salt, pepper,
poultry seasoning, and maybe a bit of sage - the bread is a special spices
added one they have at holiday time), mashed potatoes, cooked carrots,
cooked broccoli, gravy, butter, rolls (more for him than me), and homemade
cranberry sauce.  no deviations allowed.

i guess one of the big reasons why we stick to the oven roasting up here is
cause we've got the cold weather, and a long oven roasting keeps the kitchen
warm.  :)  that and we can't always get to the backyard at christmas to use
the bbq or whatever other outdoor things you might cook a turkey in.