[IP] blood testing meters

I haven't been following this thread too closely, so forgive me if I say
something here that others have already talked about.  What I've done in the
past to get a new meter that my insurance won't pay for is to call the
customer service line at the company that makes the particular meter that I
want and tell them that I want to use their meter and my insurance won't
cover the cost of the new meter, but they will pay for the test strips.
And, I get the new meter that I want usually with 25 test strips included!
I hope this helps.

Lea I