Re: [IP] I need your voice

> > Denise, this might be hard to understand from a business point of view,
> > but I will not pay for a meter or a lancet device; it has to be free or
> > extremely cheap. Not that I am cheap, but because once we have the meter,
> > we will purchase the strips for that meter for a long period of time.

To put this is better perspective, The "average" IP'er tests their
blood sugars 6.8 time a day

(see http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/about.shtml#bgtest)

at an annual average cost of $1,623.00. The meter companies can
afford to and do "give" the meters away to capture the strip business
from people that user their meters. The give-away comes in many
forms, call customer service and ask, rebate coupons for the full
purchase price, trade-ins, etc....

Bottom line -- you should NEVER pay for a meter. Strips, on the
average, cost $65 / hundred.