[IP] How often should you test??

> At 06:12 PM 11/22/02, you wrote:
> >Recently Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan said they require three months
> >worth of sugars for those who test more than four times a day for some
>  I know, I can hear Michael now, "they are
> practicing medicine if they do so".  :o)
heh... heh...

An appropriate testing regimen is.....

Upon waking
Before meal or snack
2-3 hours post prandial
Before driving or operating dangerous or heavy machinery
Hourly while doing the above
When you "feel" low or high
Every 20-30 minutes while correcting a low
Hourly while correcting a high
Before exercise or watersports
Hourly or as needed while doing above
Before bed
2-3:00 am if unusual activities during the day or you suspect a night
low will occur

Need I say more???