Re: [IP] Virus -- please read this it's very important!!!!

At 11/23/2002, 07:17 AM Margaret Chase wrote:
 >I am really sorry to inform all of you, but my computer recieved a virus
 >through someone else's address book which is not detected by Norton
 >Anti-virus or McAfee anti-virus (which i now run, 'cos I am paranoid).
 >Since you were in my address book, the virus was sent to you as well.  The
 >virus sits quietly 14 days before
 >damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by address
 >whether or not you send e mails to your contacts.  Here's how to check for
 >virus and how to get rid of it.

This is definitely a hoax... someone's sick idea of a joke. (See
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html for
more details). Please do NOT delete jdbgmgr.exe. If you do, you may create
problems with certain Java applications. If you've already deleted this
file, you can get it back (at no cost), but it is a bit of a hassle. See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322993 for
recovery information.

Sam Skopp