[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] Virus -- please read this it's very important!!!!
- To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
- Subject: [IP] Virus -- please read this it's very important!!!!
- From: "Margaret Chase" <email @ redacted>
- Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:17:00 -0500
- Reply-To: email @ redacted
I am really sorry to inform all of you, but my computer recieved a virus
through someone else's address book which is not detected by Norton
Anti-virus or McAfee anti-virus (which i now run, 'cos I am paranoid).
Since you were in my address book, the virus was sent to you as well. The
virus sits quietly 14 days before
damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by address
whether or not you send e mails to your contacts. Here's how to check for
virus and how to get rid of it.
Once again I am really sorry. It is very easy to take care of though as
long as it is done right away. The directions are below.
Margaret Chase (Tom Hojnakci's wife)
YOU MUST DO THIS!
1. Go to Start, Find or Search Option
2. In the file/folders option, type the name :jdbgmgr.exe
3.Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub folders and any other drives
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO
NOT OPEN IT
6.Go to Edit (on menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the file
7. Now go to File (on the menubar) and select delete.
It will then go to the recycle bin.
8. Empty your recycle bin.
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS.
To do this:
1) Open a new e mail message
2) Click the icon of the address book next to the "To"
3) Highlight every name and add to the "BCC"
4) Copy this message .. enter subject...paste to e-mail...send
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have just done this and my computer is now virus free.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml