Re: [IP] Whole Fried Turkey??? (was Diet Vanilla Coke)

Well here in the GREAT state of Texas the fried turkey is pretty comman. The
home we were invited to last year purchased a fried turkey and it was better
than expected. Bit I still find it suspect as to the fat content.

There was a recent news stories about the home turkey fryers - they are
actually considered very unsafe (and please those of you who own one please
don't flame me). One of the biggest problems is people putting too much oil
in them and there is no good temperature control so the oil gets too hot
which can make the whole thing blow up in flames.

So I think if forced to eat turkey I prefer a smoked one or my husband does a
pretty good one on the grill. But if I had my way I would be in Golden,
Colorado - eating at the Briarwood Inn - having either the Seafood Au Grautin
or the Seafood Crepes for thanksgiving.

Bon Apitete
Linda & Dax