Re: [IP] Whole Fried Turkey???

At 06:12 PM 11/22/02, "Sue" <email @ redacted> wrote:
>Yes the whole turkey is Fried and I doubt that you will find it anywhere but
>the south (USA that is). Some people do fry their own but most buy it
>already fried. Pre-ordering is best to insure that you get one - they are
>that popular. The cauldron is very similar (if not the same) as that used in
>a crawfish boil. Ever had that? You can check one out at:
>  http://www.barbecue-store.com/turkeypotcombo.htm

No, you don't have to go south to try it.  Fried turkey has pretty much
made its way north.  Here in Michigan lots of folks fry their turkeys.  The
grocery stores sell very large containers of oil specially for turkey
frying.  I've only had it once, and while it was good, I still prefer the
old fashioned stuffed and baked variety.