RE: [IP] I need your voice

I do not speak on behalf of this list, but I would assume that a lot of
members here, would encourage an American company who had enough guts to
break with the almighty dollars tradition and offer a free meter and
lancet device. Our support to that Company would be shown by the repeated
purchase of strips.

The number of Diabetics in Canada is estimated to be about 1.5 million
people, it must be 5 or 6 times that amount in the U.S., so may be
between 7-9.5 million people. If that company can get about a 10% share
of the market, that would represent about 7-8 hundred thousand people.

Taking my example of 26 boxes of strip a year per customer, I am sure
that they could make a reasonnable profit at the end of the year.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank YOU, as a company rep, for
coming forward and asking THE EXPERTS on this list, for their opinions.

If more companies did this, we would not have so many threads of
discussions about equipment problems that diabetic encounter.

Michel J. Boucher DX  Type 1   09/89, still working towards a pump. email @ redacted    >Thank
you Michael. When I needed a new meter for Haley a couple of months ago,
I was getting upset at the prices. I called our endo and his office said
they had one there that I could have. My daughter was dxd 12/2000, so we
are 2 years new to this whole process. My life is now devoted to making
the lives of those w/ diabetes better. Thank you for your help. > >Denise