Re: [IP] I need your voice

Denise, this might be hard to understand from a business point of view,
but I will not pay for a meter or a lancet device; it has to be free or
extremely cheap. Not that I am cheap, but because once we have the meter,
we will purchase the strips for that meter for a long period of time.

Exemple: testing between 5 to 7 times a day, losing 1 or two strips a
week due to error, a box of 100 strips which retails for $ 85.00 Cdn will
only last about 2 weeks. Over a year I will buy $ 2290 Cdn in strips
alone. I should get a free meter and a free lancet device, don't you

Now in Ontario, most pharmacies in co-operation with the meter companies
give their meters away on an exchange program, you bring in your old
meter and they give you a new one to replace it. By doing that, they take
over the competition problem hands down (without a fight). Not only am I
purchasing strips for the new meter (new company), but I'm not purchasing
any for the old meter of the competing company.

The advantage for the consumer is, if you're not happy with that brand of
meter, you can change it for another one easily and without hassles.

Michel J. Boucher Air Traffic Control Simulation email @ redacted If
the Black Boxes can survive an airplane crash, why don't they make the
whole aircraft with that stuff !!!!!!!!    >From: "Denise Owens"
>Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:07:14 -0800 > > > My company has asked me the
following question: > > > > > > Denise, if you asked the "average"
diabetic what they would expect to pay for a new launcher, what reply
would you expect? How about for a meter? > > > > >