Re: What is the point, here? (Was: [IP] Can you help)

Kristen Olgren <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I really don't get this.  If it passed both houses of Congress
unanimously, President Bush could veto it, and his veto would go no where.
A vote of 60% of Congress would override that veto.  I think the first
President who did not sign a bill he objected to that would have a veto
overridden was Reagan.  The bill he objected to went into effect ten days

That is true when Congress is in session, and the session ended last Friday.
If the President doesn't sign it or vetoes it, there is no one to override
and the veto will stand.

Jim Handsfield