RE: [IP] Whole Fried Turkey??? (was Diet Vanilla Coke)

I think the visual image is a bit skewed for those of you who dwell in the northern regions:-)
It doesn't drip with fat and it isn't gross at all!  The oil does not really go all the way through the bird.  And the turkey isn't battered first or anything like that.
--janet
It does sound pretty gross, I can just imagine the oil dripping off, nice for
the body isn't it :)

Jacqui
Oh mah gawd....are you saying the whole turkey is fried...whole??
Do you buy them from the grocery store already fried?
Or do people do this in their homes? What type of cauldron do you have to have
full of boiling oil in order to fry a turkey whole?
I'm sorry, my mind is boggled by this concept...and yet... strangely
intrigued.
I've never experienced this in Canada, is this an American delicacy? Your poor
arteries.
:)
Jhenn
PS I'm heading to Michigan this weekend, you can bet I'll be asking my
husband's grandma for a whole fried turkey!!! (Or is it only for
Thanksgiving?)Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com