Re: [IP] Whole Fried Turkey??? (was Diet Vanilla Coke)

Oh mah gawd....are you saying the whole turkey is fried...whole??
Do you buy them from the grocery store already fried?
Or do people do this in their homes? What type of cauldron do you have to have full of boiling oil in order to fry a turkey whole?
I'm sorry, my mind is boggled by this concept...and yet... strangely intrigued.
I've never experienced this in Canada, is this an American delicacy? Your poor arteries.
:)
Jhenn
PS I'm heading to Michigan this weekend, you can bet I'll be asking my husband's grandma for a whole fried turkey!!! (Or is it only for Thanksgiving?)

>>> email @ redacted 3:31:39 PM 11/22/02 >>>
I must be way behind times or maybe it's my location. I had never seen
Diet
Vanilla Coke until this week and I have yet to see Diet Code Red or
Diet
Cherry Coke. I know Southerners aren't too high on low fat foods so
maybe
the diet drinks are marketed here last. The availability of a lot of
the low
fat items I used to buy in the north is some what lacking here in
Memphis.
Next week, though, every grocery store in this area will be offering
whole
FRIED turkeys.