Re: [IP] Basal Testing! - STARVING

I was told that eating and then bolusing can effect your sugars for about 4 hours so in order to test the overnight sugars you should not bolus for anything within the 4-5 hours before bed.  This way you get the full picture of how your basals are working.  I really don't mind doing it once or twice, to make sure I have my basals down pat.  I can still eat sugar free foods like cheese and diet jello and veggies, anything that doesn't require me to bolus.
It really worked because I woke up low this morning and yesterday morning to.  Every other night when 've been having snacks I've been waking up high in the am, I was going to raise my basals- turns out I need to lower them and to find out if either I was going low and bouncing up to wake up high or have to adjust my nighttime bolus.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm