Re: [IP] Basal Testing! - STARVING

When I first started on the pump three years ago, my CDE gave me the
following basal testing rules:

1. eat a snack by 9 pm then test @ 12, 2, 4 and 6 am (then eat)
2. eat breakfast by 6 am then test @10, 12, 2 and 4 pm (then eat)
3. eat lunch by 12 then test @ 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 midnight

The idea was to test the nighttime ones at least three times in one week and
then once we were happy with those try the others.  But never to do them
back-to-back.  However, I was starving for the two that weren't overnight.
Then about two years another pumper posted to the list the following basal
testing schedule and this has worked SO MUCH better for me.  I no longer
have problems getting through the testing schedule.  Maybe this would work
for you?  Again these shouldn't be done back-to-back, so it does take some

1.  Test at bedtime (~11pm), then again at 1am, 3am, 5am, and at waking
2.  Start fasting at 3am and be back to normal number by 6am.  Test at 6am,
8am, and 10am.
3.  Start fasting at 7am and be back to normal number by 10am.  Test at
10am, 12pm, and 2pm
4.  Start fasting at 11am and be back to normal number by 2pm.  Test at 2pm,
4pm, and 6pm
5.  Start fasting at 3pm and be back to normal number by 6pm.  Test at 6pm,
8pm, and 10pm
6.  You are done!

Good luck!

(who needs to recheck all her basals...)