Re: [IP] Basal Testing! - STARVING

Summer said:
> I havn't eaten since 5pm!! well I had some cheese and jello and now I'm
having some broccoli and coliflower.  I am cheating a little I'm having some
salad dressing :-o  It said 2.2 carbs per tbsp so I measured out exactly 1
tbsp and I even licked the spoon !!!!!
> Oh well only another 10 hours to go!!! at least I get to sleep for most of

I thought basal fasting was to be done in 4-hour segments, not a whole day.
I have also read that by eating some snacks will skew the results as the
food in the stomach will set off other reactions of which Michael has talked
about before. Like when testing at 3:00 a.m. just the fact of getting up to
do it won't be as true a test as what it would have been to continue
sleeping. Anyway, I don't think the idea of basal fasting is to starve. Not
many people could handle it and it is a part of pumping. YMMV (~_^)

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy