[IP] A big Smack in the Face!

REALITY CHECK!!!!  Just found out my Gramma has to have a toe amputated. As a result of her D. She's had type 2 for about 10 years.  YIKES  what a big smack in the face!!  Hopefully with my pump I can reduce my chances of anything like that.  Diabetes for 16 years and no problems as a result YET.  Mind you the GERD could possible be but the doctors havn't said anyting about a connection and it seems to run in my family.  My mom has ulcers, my Grandpa has GERD and my Grandma had it and my Gramma has something similar.  Oohh ya my Great Aunt had some stomachy ulcer type thing too.  I like to think it was just a hereditary thing.  Could also have something to do with my 4-8 +++ liters of Diet Coke a day!! I could drink a 24 pack of pop in an afternoon,even when my sugars were normal!!  My aunt and cousin got me addicted to it, they still drink about a case a day, it's  funny watching them they can't leave the hose without a can in their hands, I don't think they've gone more then 10 feet from a can in like 5 y
OK so I tried a SIP of vanilla coke and lemon coke but come on I had to I couldn't go on living to say I'd never tried it!!!   Now I make up for it by drinking the Dasani water - its bottled in the coca cola factory ya know!!! :-)

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm