Re: [IP] Re:Ultra-Smart

In a message dated 11/21/2002 12:55:28 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  We were given the Freestyle and we were
> never sure if we had enough blood.  We threw away more strips because of
> the
> Error Message for not enough sample that when we got the Ultra I gave away
> our two Freestyles.  It was frustrating.

We tried a Freestyle for about a month maybe 18 months ago and had a similar
experience -- the sample size is incredibly tiny, but the test strips just
didn't "sip up" the sample very reliably (and, as you said, there's no window
to let you see if it's gotten enough).  We then tried the One Touch Ultra and
Katie immediately chose it as her only meter (though she still uses the Soft
Clix lancet that she got with her old Accu-check meter).  I know the
Freestyle has many fans, but the Ultra has worked terrific for us for a long
time -- and getting results in 5 seconds just can't be beat.

Pumpmama to Katie