Re: [IP] Carbos in proteins

At 05:35 PM 11/21/02 -0500, you wrote:
 >So, my question is: where does this idea come from? Is there a reputable
 >source I can steer my nurse towards? (I know Bernstein talks about it, but
 >she hasn't read the book, though she's open-minded.)

No, there is no carbohydrate in protein.  But protein metabolism does cause
the liver to release glucagon, which causes the same effect on blood sugar
as ingested carbs.  For more info, see this article on the IP web site -->
. http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs.html

I'm not sure your nutritionist would consider it coming from a good source,
but my information all came from university sites on metabolism.

IMHO, though, more people undercount carbs than actually experience this
effect on a regular basis.