RE: [IP] Re: Freestyle (TRACKER)

Hi Michael,
I use the FreeStyle Tracker, I'm closing out my first week using it:-)  I don't get the arrows that you describe.  What I get after I apply the blood sample is a graphic of a clock whose "hands" go around until the results are given.  I have noticed that if my BG is higher the clock goes around and around more (it takes longer) but if my BG is lower I get my results faster.  So, like you, I have a good idea of what my BG is only a few seconds after I apply the sample.  At the longest it has only taken me 10-12 seconds to get my results.  The norm, I have found, is about 7 seconds.  SO, it isn't much longer than my old Ultra (which is still in my purse, just in case:-).

For those of you asking about the Tracker, as I did several weeks ago, I am loving it!  NO MORE LOG BOOK and no more faxing to the Dr., I can email instead!
--janet (Dx @ age 3, 8/78; pumping H-tron+ since 6/00)

Here's something I've noticed, anyone else using the Freestyle notice
this.........  As soon as the Freestyle gets the blood needed, it beeps
and on the screen there are arrows or > symbols, anyway immediately the
arrows move, The faster they move the higher my sugar level and if they
are moving slow, extremely slow then I know the number will be around
45-60. I know 2 or 3 seconds after the beep my sugar level, not to the
exact number but a range, sometimes I guess a number at this point and
by the time I actually read the number, 15 seconds later, I'm right on
+-20 points. This is something I've noticed, not sure if everyone sees
this as well who uses the freestyle.

Michael