Re: [IP] Ultra vs Freestyle

I use BOTH the Freestyle AND the Ultra and I like them both.

I vary depending on my mood.

I think using the Ultra is easier.
I don't have to take the meter out of the case to use it.
The case is smaller than the Freestyle's.
It soaks up the blood immediately and is super fast.
However:
It takes a goober of blood compared to the Freestyle.
I hate throwing away strips if I don't have just enough blood.
(Seems to be a problem when the hands are cold.)

I also love the freestyle.
Out of the case, the freestyle is more Ergomatic.
I like the dual side option on the strips.
I LOVE the tiny amount of blood it requires.
I like the Lancet device more than the Ultra's.
However:
I don't like waiting for the strip to suck up the blood.
I don't like waiting for my results.
I don't do forearm testing.

My sugars are always changing so the forearm never matches the fingers.
And I bruised like you wouldn't believe no matter where on the arm I tested.

John & his Paradigm who says "Too Bad John, test anyway"