[IP] One Touch UltraSmart

George Davis wrote:
>I participated in a two week test of the One Touch Ultra-Smart which is
>supposedly coming out in January 2003.  It looks like a Palm PDA.  You
> >stick a regular Ultra strip in it and get blood glucose results in 5
> >seconds, just like the Ultra.  It stores this data along with
> >carbohydrate data, exercise data, etc.  It gives on-screen graphs and
> >takes the place of your log book.

The UltraSmart perked my interest yesterday after reading George Davis'
personal account with testing it out.  I couldn't find out very much
information (perhaps I didn't look hard enough) from the Lifescan website,
but I did find a photo of what it looks like from another site:

http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/ada2002/ It's near the bottom of the

A Lifescan rep got back to me this morning, and aparently it's slated to be
on the market early in the new year (in Canada).

George:  is it about the same size as a PDA?  Happy pumping, y'all.