[IP] IP] Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Remicade

> I was just wandering if anyone out there also has RA? If so, have you
> the new IV infusion with Rimicade? I wanted to know how it works and if it
> is helping you? I read you really have to be careful with infections, just
> like with our diabetes. Any comments would be helpful.
> Debbie

>From my understanding it is infused every month or so and is about $4,000.00
each time. Hope your insurance covers it. My hugsband is not a DMer and has
RA. Methotrexate injections weekly help him, as well as Vioxx, folic acid,
and Glucosamine Chondroitin. The painologist said RA does the most damage in
the first 2 years and is treating it agressively. The above treatment is
helping him greatly - since January.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.