Re: [IP] Re: Microalbuminuria

In a message dated 11/20/02 1:14:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My diabetic aunt died of kidney failure at 40 in 1964, so I'm worried about
> a genetic predisposition; however, my mother tells me she didn't take care
> of herself at all and was addicted to Coca Cola.

Just had to comment because our thoughts are so similar.  My biggest fear is
kidney failure because my maternal grandmother died of kidney failure back in
the 70's.........the year after I was diagnosed I believe.  My mom has always
made a huge deal of her not taking good care of herself and her addiction to
Coke as well (the soft drink of course).  It's funny how things like that
affect us, isn't it?