[IP] Ultra lovers - take heart! - I tried out the Ultra-Smart

"I am looking for a PDA or something that will help me keep track of all the
diabetes stuff. I am horrible at writing things down!  I use One Touch Ultra
because I love the small size and the fact that I get my results in 5 seconds.
I am reluctant to try to Tracker because I really like my OT Ultra."
I participated in a two week test of the One Touch Ultra-Smart which is
supposedly coming out in January 2003.  It looks like a Palm PDA.  You stick a
regular Ultra strip in it and get blood glucose results in 5 seconds, just
like the Ultra.  It stores this data along with carbohydrate data, exercise
data, etc.  It gives on-screen graphs and takes the place of your log book.

I was very reluctant to turn it in at the end of the test - - - -I can't wait
until it comes out.  They didn't indicate the proposed price, so I am waiting
to see how much it will be.

George Davis