RE: [IP] microalb./ace-inhibitors="scary"??

What part is "scary"?  The urine test?  The fact that one may have microalbunaria (sp?) or the need to take an ace-inhibitor to help your kidneys out?  Please clarify.  I had slight microalb. and was therefore taking 20mg Accupril/day.  My endo and CDE told me that it was a sort of preemptive measure to that my kidneys would have a little bit of help and would function with more ease.  I have been off of them for about 5 months or so since I am trying to get pregnant.
I just don't understand what you meant when you said "it's scary".
Looking for clarification, since I was never "scared" about it (other than the fact of knowing it was a D. complication).
Thanks,
janet (Dx @ age 3, 8/78; pumping H-tron+ since 6/00
>>>That is an exaggeration of course (but told to me by a nephrologist).
Still, its scary so you may want to ask your endo his/her opinion and then
decide.<<<

Good luck.

Joann, Mom to Cara, age 16, Type 1 since 2/13/97, pumping since 3/98