Re: [IP] Re: medic alert, annual fee???

 >> But once I read it I started to wonder because when I signed up the form
 >said there was a one time membership fee and the cost of bracelets but this
 >new form says there are 2 levels of memberships and one has a one time
 >membership fee of $50.00 PLUS a annual fee of $39!!   and the other has a
 >one time fee of $60.00 and an annual fee of 49.00.
 >> Am I going to be charged a annual fee now??

I've been a member of Medic Alert for almost 22 years and I've never paid
an annual fee. I think those fees may be voluntary for their premium
services, which include things such as free updates of medical information,
family notification in an emergency, bracelet re-engraving, etc. Since my
information doesn't change that often, I only pay the $15.00 charge when it
does.You might want to look at their website at http://www.medicalert.org/
or call them at 888-633-4298 (209-668-3333 from outside the U.S.) for more