[IP] INGAP study/Transplants

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:43:34 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: stem cells

There is an article in the Insulin Free Times that mentioned the study you
are talking about. It can be accessed at their web site. Links below.

<A HREF="http://www.insulinfreetimes.org/">http://www.insulinfreetimes.org/</A>
<A HREF="http://www.insulinfreetimes.org/02_feb/ingap_2.htm">http://www.insulinfreetimes.org/02_feb/ingap_2.htm
As others have said, these are baby steps that hopefully, one day, will allow
diabetes to be abolished...or at least to make a big dent it!
For many of the people here, especially for those of us who have children
with diabetes, we need to have this hope continue. At the same time, we will
do what we can to help keep our children in control, and complications at
bay. So much has advanced in the last 50 years. With luck, prayers, and a lot
of work, more new and discoveries will be made and hopefully, provide our
children a brighter future.
Remember, never give up hope, whatever shape or form it will take.

Joann, Mom to Cara, age 16 (almost 17!), dx 2/13/97, pumping 3/1/98